Food Safety in Catering Award Level 2
Benefits to you:
For all food handlers in the catering, food retail and manufacturing industries.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will understand:
- How individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety.
- The importance of personal hygiene
- The importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygenic
- The importance of keeping food safe
Benefits to your business:
Your business will benefit from having an employee who has received an environmental health authority recognised qualification. In addition, no matter what stage of food production, storage or delivery your business facilitates, you can remain confident that all safety methods and precautions are adhered to.
Tuition 9am – 3:30pm followed by a multiple choice exam 3:30pm – 4:30pm.
The following subject areas will be covered:
- Bacteriology – characteristics of bacteria and their potential to cause illness and spoil food
- Food poisoning – definition and foods most commonly responsible
- Prevention of food poisoning and food contamination/ practical methods of control
- Personal hygiene
- Premises, equipment and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Legislation – an outline of current legislation affecting food handlers and food