Qualsafe Awards QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (QCF)
Benefits to you:
This half day qualification is suitable for all employees to raise their awareness of the risks of unsafe manual handling practices and for people who might have to carry out manual handling as part of their job, e.g. handling deliveries, parcels and boxes.
It is suitable:
• To raise awareness about the importance of safe manual handling
• As an introduction to those starting work which may involve carrying out manual handling activities
• For those returning to work where manual handling activities may be required
• As safety refresher training
Benefits to your business:
This qualification forms part of the QA Manual Handling suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on:
• National Occupational Standards (NOS) related to the manual handling of objects
• Recommendations of good practice outlined by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
This qualification outlines the reasons for safer manual handling and the legal requirements. Learners will develop an understanding of how risk assessments can improve safety, the theory of safe movement principles and how to reduce the risk of harm.
Note: This qualification is a theory based qualification. Learners who need practical training should complete
QA Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (QCF).