Understanding Nutrition and Health NCFE Certificate Level 2
Benefits to you:
This qualification aims to:
• increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
• increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
• provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
• provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
• provide information on eating disorders
• increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
• increase understanding of the principles of food safety in a home environment.
Benefits to your business:
The objectives of this qualification are to:
• give learners working in, or intending to work in, settings such as Sport and Recreation, Exercise and Fitness, Hospitality and Catering or Healthcare an understanding of nutrition and health, to support their role in the workplace
• enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of healthcare, sport and leisure or hospitality and catering.
This 6 month course is flexible and can be delivered in venues accross Devon and Cornwall.