Education is an area of near constant change and the last five years have seen some of the most rapid and radical changes to school structure, curriculum and Initial Teacher Education in our recent history.
The Education Cluster seeks to lead development in education through:
- high quality professional training ranging from opportunities in Early Years settings, counselling to Further Education teaching;
- school and the children’s workforce bespoke staff development (including the National Enterprise Educator Award winning ICED - Innovation, Creativity and Enterprise Development);
- developing leaders for our community through degrees in Social Sciences and Education;
- our strategic partnerships with local schools and multi-academy trusts to support community growth and opportunity;
- the Peninsula Observatory for Pedagogy and Practice (POPP) centre for innovation and research in education.
Our professional training meets the latest demands and requirements of a range of Education related professions, including early years settings; schools; colleges and training providers, enabling resilience and growth in these institutions and businesses. For example, locally and nationally schools are experiencing difficulties in recruiting and keep teaching staff.
We can work with education providers on a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) offer that supports the training of support staff, such as Teaching Assistants, to become the next generation of teachers; while also providing teachers with opportunities to enhance their teaching through a community of practice, research and higher level qualifications.
The Education Cluster covers the following areas:
The School of Education and Professional Development: Teacher Education Qualifications, Specialist Teaching Qualifications (Maths, English, SEND), Assessor Awards, Education and Curriculum, Counselling and Community and Social Sciences.
Children, Schools and Families: Children & Young Peoples workforce (Birth-19), Early Years Educator, Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools, Caring for children, Preparation for Home Based Childcare, Play work level, Forest School, Leadership & Management within Children's Settings.
Peninsula Observatory for Pedagogy and Practice: A centre for innovation and research in Education.