KICKSTART YOUR BUSINESS
The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality paid 6-month work placements for young people.
EMPLOYERS FROM ALL INDUSTRIES AND ACROSS THE PRIVATE, PUBLIC AND VOLUNTARY SECTORS CAN GET INVOLVED
It was launched on the 8th July after the Chancellor announced the Kickstart Scheme as part of the Plan for Jobs. Funding available for each job will cover the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions. There will also be funding available to support young people to develop new skills and to help them move into sustained employment after they have completed their Kickstart funded job. Whether you have the need for a single placement or 30 we can help you access funding to kickstart your business once more.
Through the scheme, you’ll be able to access a large pool of young people with potential, ready for an opportunity. We will initially prioritise young people aged between 16 and 24 who are ready for an opportunity and will be supported by their Job Centre Plus work coach to enrol in the scheme.
As part of the scheme you will also be able to access up to £1,500 per placement towards set up costs and additional training support. We offer a suite of additional skills training for all of your Kickstart placements. Talk to one of our advisors today to create your bespoke package.
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs.
They must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
The roles you are bidding for must be:
- a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
All bids should include how you will help the participants to develop:
- support to look for long-term work
- support with CV and interview preparation
- training to develop their skills, such as team work, organisation and communications as part of the role