Work Experience and Industry Placements
As “The Career College”, The Cornwall College Group offer every full time learner an opportunity to have work experience in a professional environment. Work Experience, and the new extended structured Industry Placements, are a great way to nurture young people and add value to your business. Our clients have also used work experience and industry placements to see how a particular individual might work in their business prior to them starting an apprenticeship with them.
Our experienced team of Industry Placement and Work Experience Coordinators will help you find the right learner for your business, and work with you and their course tutor to develop, monitor and review SMART objectives for that learner to ensure they make an impact in your business.
Industry Placements Pilot
We are involved in an Industry Placements pilot this year, a trial of the extended placement that will be an integral part of the T-Level qualifications that the Government are introducing from the year 2020. T-Level reforms are a government initiative to bridge the gap between full time learning and employment, meaning a learner will spend a minimum of 45 days/315 hours in the workplace over the duration of their course as well as studying at college. It is hoped the extended Industry Placement will allow learners to embed themselves within the business and mean they are able to play a valuable role within the organisation, building skills through their targets set in a work-plan. The Industry Placement will be reviewed a minimum of 3 times, with face to face contact with our Skills to Business team for the mid-point and final assessment. We envisage the placements taking place 1 day per week but there may be additional days the learner will need to attend their Industry Placement later in the year, to ensure they meet the minimum criteria of 45 days/315 hours.
Why should my business get involved?
- Extra resources for your projects and day-to-day operations from students developing skills in a course relevant to your business and industry
- Give your employees the opportunity to develop management and mentorship skills
- Bring a fresh perspective into your business
- Corporate Social Responsibility Impact: share with stakeholders how your business has supported local young people into industry placements, improving their employability and progression opportunities
Long term benefits
- Inspire the next generation to work in your industry
- Address current and future skills shortages in your industry
- Strengthen your recruiting pipeline and increase diversity
- Shared value: benefits for business and society are correlated – increased social inclusion leads to new business opportunities
0800 731 7594
Want to know more about the Industry Placements Pilot? Request a call back using the form below.